Sunday, October 27, 2013

David's Blessing Day

     David Michael Squires was blessed on October 27, 2013 in Thatcher Arizona at the Thatcher Stake Center @ 9 am by his father, Jordan Michael Squires.  We are in the Thatcher 4th ward.  Those in the Circle with Jordan were Jordan's dad, my dad, Duskin, Daniel, Richard, Tye, and David Fusselman. 

All of David's Family
 It was a beautiful blessing, we wrote some of it down. I will have to find it and put in the parts we remembered. Jordan was so nervous and he really tried hard to prepare himself to bless David. He did a great job.  You couldn't tell he was nervous at all.

David's Martindell (Willis) Side
 David is usually a super great baby.  He hardly ever cries or if he does he usually settles down really fast.  Well during the blessing that wasn't the case.  It is not like he ever cries really hard and this was no exception.  He just cried a little and whined the whole time.  You could tell Jordan was getting a little distracted but he still did great.  As soon as he was done with the blessing he was able to quiet down a little bit.

David's Squires (Beavers) Side
 We had a luncheon for everyone afterwards at my parent's house in Safford.  My mom made chalupa and then I made apple crisp and brownies with ice cream.  It was delicious!!

Our Family




 So we tried to take a few pictures of David in his blessing outfit.  He wasn't the happiest, but I think they still look cute.



 So I love the story of his blessing outfit.  It was his dad's blessing outfit.  I love that he was able to fit in it and that we were able to find it in the first place.  While I was hugely pregnant and nesting I was looking through some bins Jordan's mom gave to us of Jordan's stuff and I found it.  It was the greatest find ever!! It had a few spots on it and I was able to get them out and it fit him perfectly.



We chose the color green for David, so we wanted him to have something green on when he was blessed. my mom happened to have leftover material from a blanket she was making David and it was green.  So the bow tie master, Tyanne made him this cute bow tie the night before his blessing.

I love his FACE!!


 Everyone loved him and couldn't get enough of him.  For a lot of Family it was the first time meeting him.  It was hard trying to share him with everyone.  We tried the best we could.  It ended up being the Squires in the dining room and the Martindell's in the Famly Room.  We tried really hard to go back and forth evenly.








Davis found the hammock in the tree



Great Grandma Beavers and David


My David's

I love this picture!



Everyone was so tired at the end of the day
It was so amazing to have so many family members make the trip to share this special day with us and support David.  It is so wonderful to know that so many people love David as much as we do and that he has such a support system while growing up and so many amazing role models.  I am grateful for the men who were able to help with the blessing of David.  So THANK YOU!!  We love you all so much and are so grateful for all of you!!


No comments: