Monday, March 3, 2014

Working mom

     So I just started working at Haven of Safford as a RN.  It is a fun first job, lots of learning to be done.  I try not to get scared or nervous, but it has been so long since I thought nursing that I get a little stressed sometimes.  The Nursing dreams have snuck back into my sleep and cause even more anxiety sometimes.  I happened to be ending a night shift as 1st block students were coming on to the unit the other day and I got scared all over again as the instructor was listening to me give report.  I thought I was being watched and critiqued.  I could barely think, as soon as she left I was fine.  Talk about stage fright!!!  I am so glad school is over!!
     It is hard being a mom and working at the same time, but so far we have been able to make it work.  I am hoping it will get easier too.  The first day was super hard to leave David.  I didn't cry but I wanted to the entire day, luckily I didn't have time. It has gotten easier which makes me sad but relieved at the same time.  I am so lucky to have my mom in the same town as me and I plan to take advantage of it while we are still here and I have her to babysit for me.  David loves his grandparents so much and they love having him a few days a week. Lucky for us!! 
     I love that life always has new adventures for us.  Being young, married, just starting a family, and still going to school has lots of those.  Here is to this new adventure with our sweet little family!!
1st day on my own!!

No comments: